Frozen over


Here's a look back at the few cold days we had here in January. It was cold enough that the Grunewaldsee was frozen over for a few days. A few people ventured out more towards the middle of the lake, but most stayed on the edges where it was safer. It's always fun to go walking on the lakes in the winter, but I'm glad the season wasn't so harsh this year. A couple of weeks of cold was enough for me, although I have to admit the snow was pretty, especially under such beautiful light.

11 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful capture of the lake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the long shadows and silhouettes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never walked on ice but I'm sure I prefer walking barefoot on white sandy beaches! :-) It's very pretty though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great view, strange light!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your winter weather looks amazing.. fabulous photo opportunities :)
    btw Halcyon I checked the weather ahead for next week and I think your husband will be more than pleased with the warm but not too hot weather on his visit to Perth :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A pretty picture, even if it looks very cold there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your light on this image is absolutely perfect. Frame it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...