Tunnel Tour


I finally got to do the U-Bahn Tunnel Tour back in June after waiting a bit more than two years! You have to sign up early in the year to get booked as they are limited in space and only run a few months of the year. I was actually scheduled to go last October, but due to technical difficulties, it was cancelled (the first time that ever happened to a Tunnel Tour, apparently).

In any case, it was worth the wait. You ride through the U-Bahn tunnels on this open train. It was so much fun! I took a lot of pictures, but not many are actually worth showing, but hopefully I can dig out a few. Don't forget to check out Signs, Signs for your Wednesday fix.

16 comments:

  1. Gosh glad you finally got to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to take such a tour. I wonder why they do so few tours? Is it the weather?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's logistics. They can only do the tours in the evening when there are fewer trains running. And I believe they only do them on Friday and Saturday. There's a person who speaks and gives some background and history to the system and I'm not sure the BVG has a lot of people trained on that.

      Delete
  3. I would also enjoy such a tour!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This guy will stay above ground thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a very nice trip to me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds like something I would really enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sounds like a weird experience!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds a rather curious tour. I think we all look forward to hearing more.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That tour sounds like the hottest ticket in town.

    Frankly My Dear

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like a fun tour. Hope to see more photos from this tour.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Interesting...what a special way to learn. ... The underground history of your City. Assume there was a guide or conductor who talked about the highlights.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That goes straight on my "to do" list. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I too love to see the infrastructure and back spaces out of public view!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...