Everyday beauty


You can sometimes find the most amazing details in the most mundane of places. Take this art deco style chandelier found at the rather plain Bundesplatz S-Bahn station. From the outside, it looks very similar to yesterday's stop, lots of hulking concrete.
 

On the inside you're greeted by a long stretch of light that leads you right to the chandelier and up to the platforms on the left. The decorative brickwork on the ceiling and the upper walls is also a nice touch. Sometimes it pays to give a place a second look!

PS: Don't forget to stop by Halcyon Travels for of the beautiful Alsace.

13 comments:

  1. I like the top image, and I am thinking of the name of an artist from Scotland who also is famous for a similar style. ( Too early to remember the name..)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is certainly a beautiful design. I agree with you about finding little gems in unexpected places.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed great architecture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. there nothing mundane about art deco

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree about it deserving a second look.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The chandelier is very nice and the station looks very clean !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh gosh, I love that chandelier. You are right, the inside looks very warm and inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The interior does appeal to me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It doesn't look all that plain to me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a surprisingly beautiful chandelier for its location...but then the whole station is very nice.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...