At the platz


Imagine my surprise to find a fire-breathing dragon inhabiting the Sony Center on Potsdammer Platz!
I recently went there to see the movie The Physician (Der Medicus) at the large cineplex, it's one of the best places to find movies in original version. There was some kind of show going on to promote the upcoming movie - The Hobbit. The crowd was so large that I couldn't catch what was going on during the actual show, but I did get a shot of the dragon and his magic fountain. Despite all of this advertising, I probably won't go to see the movie. Fore more signs, head to Signs, Signs.

18 comments:

  1. That is a big, mean-looking dragon. I will probably miss the movie, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I have him as a pet he looks cute. Tolkien lived and is buried not that far from where I live, keep meaning to visit sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty menacing, if you ask me. Yet strangely magical.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Le pauvre coincé dans le Sony Center ! J'adore ces boules devant !

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a spectacular looking scene!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There was no expense spared on this sign.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Once upon a time!
    Wonderful picture!
    Léia

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fantastic (fantamagorsmical) advertisement. Nice photo, too! I wouldn't go see the movie, either, but I'm curious about "The Physician."

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous! Maybe better than the movie! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh scary dragon. What a neat picture you made of it. Read the book years ago -- don't think I'll go to the movie either. Haven't heard of the one you DID go to....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it! I do hope to see the film in the near future :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks great but sometimes the advertisements are better than the movies. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. that looks like an effective advertisement for the Hobbits.

    ReplyDelete
  14. How colorful!

    ~Lindy

    ReplyDelete
  15. That looks like a fun promo! I won't be seeing it either - though I'm sure I'll hear all about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Smaug's not all that bad a fellow when you get to know him!

    I did see the movie, and enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...