Old timey station


I love exploring the subway system of any city, but I find Berlin's public transport system to be especially interesting. Here's a look at the Friedrichstrasse station back in 1900. This station has seen alot, it was used by both the East and the West before German reunification. I hear that there were lots of twists and turns in the station at that time and you could easily find yourself at a dead end (on the West side at least). I recently took a tour to learn a bit more about Berlin's underground. I'll share some more shots and stories with you as the week goes on. Until then, you can see more murals at Monday Mural.

18 comments:

  1. Wonderful!!! I absolutely love vintage and this is something I would enjoy seeing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stand ready for an education.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great old picture/mural.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the Droschken outside! Nowadays I love how when you sit in one of the restaurants below, you can hear the S-Bahn rumbling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There you go, I never knew there was an underground in Berlin

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's quite the station. I'll be looking forward to your future postings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice one of this old station. I like it

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the vintage image, this is a beautiful station!
    Léia

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's fascinating! Horse-and-buggy days in Berlin. Wonderful structure, too. I shall look forward to more of these subway photos!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Berlin certainly has tons of history to explore!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It intrigues me that both West and East could have been making use of this station...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would like to visit Berlin. This is a lovely mural.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely looooove old photographs like this Halcyon.. days gone by always seem a little more elegant to me!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice to compare the old structure with the new one...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Interesting. I love subway stations, so will look forward to your series.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The notion of twists and turns in a building this old, definitely intrigues. The sepia tones of the photo add to the nostalgia. Thanks for contributing to this week's Monday Mural.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...