Ringing in the New Year


So here is a look at the party I attended for New Year's Eve. This is actually a shot of one of the many screens that were placed around the "fan mile". I couldn't find any articles with an exact count, but there were several hundred thousand people celebrating in front on the Brandenburg gate this year. It's hard to imagine that I was actually among these masses!


Here is a look at the actual stage in front of the gate. My husband and I got to the party around 7.30pm so we could get a good spot. We did make it pretty close to the front, but then decided to go back a bit as the crowds were really tight and it was not comfortable.


There were even two shows going on at midnight: the fireworks display and a laser light show. It was hard to watch both of them though (I prefer fireworks), but my tall husband did get a few shots of the laser show. 

All in all, it was a great night - it wasn't too cold and the skies were clear (before all the fireworks at least!). I'm glad I made it out to celebrate on the streets of my new city!

10 comments:

  1. Had a quiet one at home, my days of letting off steam on NYE are gone. Glad you had a good time, Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did well to get some shots, looks VERY busy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The crowds in your photos remind «Louis» of when he was in Paris for the 1999/2000 roll over. The Champs-Elysées was crowded like this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, that must have been fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Incredible! But this is Berlin after all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How exciting it is to see how things have changed since the Cold War. Beautiful photos. I tend to avoid crowds like this but I'm glad you got out to take some pics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It DOES look crowded but I'm glad you enjoyed yourself! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too crowded for me but I'm glad that you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a great evening! Glad you enjoyed it and managed to get some good photos to share with us your blog followers.
    HaPpY NeW YeAr to you and your (tall) husband. (I am not very tall, so I know the feeling of big crowds.)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...